CooPDB - play in doctor at online pharmacy
CooPDB - Cooperative Games Database - Juegos Cooperativos para PC, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, PSP y DS Forums-viewtopic-30/06/2012 - Version 1.666

Regístrate  
Menu:
Portada
FORO
Analisis
Articulos
Lanzamientos
Eventos
Noticias
Top 10
Juego del Mes
Mortero del Mes

Mi CooPDB:
Nickname

Contraseña

Players:
     Nuevo:
     AntoineAgu
     · Singles: 453
     · Co-ops: 13
· SamF157289
· JasonCap
· Vernellpit
· StellaArro
· TanishaBra
· Willieiteds
· ShannanOrl
· Apokoalotaf
· Michaelfruff
· LamnVanda
· ElizaRunya
· LeonorKerf
· MarcelaRed

coopdb.com :: View topic - 30/06/2012 - Version 1.666
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

30/06/2012 - Version 1.666
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mctronken
Moderador
Moderador

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my TITANs last week:

Performance with the patch in SLI is awesome. i have both GPUs running at 95-100%, while running the game at 190fps with 32xQ AA (SSAA 2x2 + MSAA 8x), in 1920x1200. Even SSAA 4x4 was running at almost the same speed.

But, there are still some issues with the nvidia drivers, in special, there is a lot of shimmering with the HD textures. The driver is not working properly with the clamp/lod settings from the nvidia profile.
mctronken
Moderador
Moderador

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the drivers notes, you can read:

- Negative LOD bias clamp for DirectX applications is not supported on Fermi-based GPUs and later.

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/314.14/314.14-win8-win7-winvista-desktop-release-notes.pdf

Damn it !

I just can hope that nVidia releases a new driver asap.
LordSteeve
Recluta
Recluta

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I love the work you've done, it looks awesome. However, there's a problem, that I've actually seen another user have with this patch:
When I set all my settings up in the Config exe, and save, and try to start up the game, it immediately comes up with an error and exits. I have no idea what's going on. I've done everything as correctly as possible, but it still does that. When I remove the br2fsaa.ini file, it will boot up correctly, but with it, it doesn't. What the heck is going on and how do I fix it?
mctronken
Moderador
Moderador

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prolly you selected a wrong resolution, or a very high level of AA, and your system fails to create a device with those settings.

Send an screenshot of the error, and your br2fsaa.ini, and i will check it, if you cannot solve it. Send me also your hardware description too.
LordSteeve
Recluta
Recluta

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I found out the problem. I had the Anti-aliasing set too high. You see, I have a pretty fast computer and I wanted to see if I could max the thing out, so I set everything to high including the AA (16x), which apparently crashed the game. Thank you for the help Very Happy

EDIT: Forgot to mention that it works now, and looks amazing.
mctronken
Moderador
Moderador

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can force more AA modes from your video driver.

For nVidia, i use nVidiaInspector, and for ATi, u can force it from the CCP.

On the TITANs i'm using 32xQ, which is SSAA 2x2 + MSAA 8x.

Check my recommendations for the texture filtering quality & so.

Have phun & enjoy.
mctronken
Moderador
Moderador

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somehow, i had the cards running in PCI Express 2.0 mode.

Now i'm running them in PCI Express 3.0 mode, and i have seen a dramatic boost in the framerate.

Running 2560x1440 with SSAA 4x4 at 240fps, which is awesome.

Prolly with 3x cards, i could run the game at 120fps in 7680x1440, which is imba.
MrX
Recluta
Recluta

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:51 am    Post subject: Docs Reply with quote

This is great work! Widescreen & HD textures really gives new life to the game!

Out of curiosity, does anyone have any docs on the 3D model formats used in BR2? I'm interested in BFM and SKB formats. Any info on those, even partial, would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Here's what I could find. If anyone has any more info, please add a comment.

http://suzerayne.weebly.com/1/post/2014/01/bloodrayne-2-bfm-object-format.html
MrX
Recluta
Recluta

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to change the textures for Rayne and I've tried both using the launcher and changing the dds file and some levels simply ignore the alpha channel in the textures. For example, in the sewers, no transparencies at all. But on the roof level, it works great. Also works great in Aura vision.

Do you know what would cause this or how to fix it?
mctronken
Moderador
Moderador

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM me a link with the files, and i will check the headers.
MrX
Recluta
Recluta

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found that absolute 0 for alpha will make it completely transparent. But any other value won't work. It seems to be related to the type of lighting. Inside, it doesn't work. But outside, it works fine.

What files do you want? You can just add an alpha value to the zlaces for example instead of absolute zero and you'll see it's no longer transparent when inside a building. What I do know is that the alpha is being multiplied onto the RGB values, but it becomes opaque except if the background is not rayne (like walls). It's like the pixel shader is using alpha of 1 after multiplying the color when using inside lighting.

I now see that there was previous mention of the alpha issue. Such a shame. Wasn't the pixel shaders updated for water and glass? Any chance there a way to update the shaders to support alpha like it does when outside? It really looks like there's a bug in the shader where the alpha value gets wiped.

I'll likely be releasing a tool to create BFM models from 3D modeling software. It'll probably take a little while though. I need to clean up the code and make it more generic.

Here are some of the things I'll be including (and mostly have working now):
- Recompute normals, tangents and binormals (though not 100% satisfied with it yet).
- Ability to merge normals for seams that aren't meant to be sharp.
- Export/Import 3D model (can create new vertex, polygons and meshes).
- Supports weight maps for bones (BFM limitation of 4 per vertex).
- Support for UV map.
- Support for bone location adjustments.

Not sure on 'parts'. Might allow it. Basically, you convert the BFM and then you modify it any way you want. Add polygons, vertex, update weight maps, etc. When you're done, you inject it into the BFM. Bones are fixed. And I don't think I'll do anything about the number of textures either though that's certainly doable too.

edit: Version 1 will be released this weekend March 1st, 2014 if I can find somewhere to host it. Adding/deleting meshes or moving bones won't be available yet. Full editing of points, bone weight and uv will be supported (includes deletion/adding points). For new points, must have at least 1 weight map value and a uv associated with it. Exports/Imports to/from lightwave LWO. There may be an issue with normals across points found in multiple meshes where you can see seams in the shading instead of a smooth transition. Next version will fix that. Seams within same mesh are normalized correctly though.
MrX
Recluta
Recluta

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BFM <-> LWO Converter v1.0

http://tinyurl.com/lg82gaj
Post new topic   Reply to topic    coopdb.com Forum Index -> General [BR2 FSAA] All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: